Total Views

Monday, October 4, 2010

Borders, squishy hot dogs, and home cooked meals

The bus ride from san jose was a little dreadful. Unfortunately for me I have been blessed (or cursed) with the lankiest legs ever, which when combined with minimal leg room does not make for a pleasant or comfortable combination. I survived. And had a lovely, fitul night of sleep deprivation. Maybe not that extreme hah.

 

The border crossing between costa rica and panama was the worst thus far in my opinion. We didn't have any real problems, it just was a long, pointless process that became tiresome. Oh and elias got a nice taste of racial profiling. but all is well now and we are safe and sound at the lovely home of the hubbards in panama city.

 

Our meals today have been amazing. Home cooked meals ugh, fast food and the rather bland food thus far in latin america doesn't compare. But I'm getting ahead of myself, last night we arrived at the bus terminal at three in the morning.. It must have been a sight to see, us four huddled in between atms buying our time with a few how I met your mother episodes on dans laptop until it was safe to go out. We got quite a few curious looks :)

 

Ohh and this trip has gotten me quite into how I met your mother. It's a beautiful show. Try it.

 

A word regarding my coffee for those requesting details on how I prepare it. A few spoonfuls of sugar and cream. Am I doing it right bobby? Hah

 

this trip is challenging. For me hearing God and feeling direction has always been difficult. I hope I can maintain an open mind to how things are meant to unfold and how I'm meant to be used.

 

A sidenote, costa rica is a stunningly beautiful country. And I love churros. Hmmm and a big thannks to carlos our last couch surfing experience for being super accomodating and helpful!

 

A word of wisdom for those interested, late night hot dogs at the border may be oddly squishy and mysteriously filling to those brave enough to challenge the mystery meat. Not all are up to it, so be wary. 

 

Cha cha cheers.

5 comments:

  1. 1. you need more sugar in your coffee and maybe a splash more cream...you aren't suppose to taste the coffee, in my opinion. lol

    2. I LOVE LOVE LOVE how I met your mother... The new season is on and it cracks me up every time...
    Has Dan introduced you to modern family? that is great too...but i've missed the first 3 episodes of this season, gotta find them on the internet!

    3. I want a churro, and I would try the hotdog, I think.
    Love you and praying for you,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well man, since you are a beginner, I would suggest to take Lauren's advice and add more sugar ha ha
    BUT it does depend on the size of your cup/mug as well as how dark the coffee is... ha ha

    I used to put a ton of sugar in my coffee. Four spoon fulls in about 8 ounces of coffee ha ha but since I consume a lot of sugar in other areas of my diet I have reduced the amount I use cause I don't want diabetes....... ha ha

    The cream shouldn't turn your coffee white but it should lighten it some. Remember you are drinking coffee, not sweet cream with a hint of caffeine.

    For some dumb reason when I read your title, I thought you meant Borders the bookstore so I got excited... then I was let down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol bobby, of course you would think he meant borders the book store you little book worm :)

    coryyyyy. i think dan and jordan have the power of getting anyone into that show. then again, it may just be because it's a good show. i never watch tv, but and hour at dan's house and i was immersed in how i met your mother. take laurens advice on the coffee! lol and i'm sure you four guys look goofy anywhere you go. i'm pretty sure that if you just listen, you'll definitely hear God. i think you already have once you consider how you're amazing self is in south america at the moment. i'm also glad to hear you've had some good meals. trying that hot dog was pretty gutsy, but nothing compared to maqson eating cream of mushroom. :)) miss you cory!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Definitely BLESSED with those nice lanky legs ooow. :p

    2. I LOVE HIMYM. Best show ever. Suit up!

    :)

    Janna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bro you have seen bobby fix his coffee.. hahaha 2 tablespoons of coffee per cup of sugar should be about right. You want it to be more of a much than a liquid. LOL

    ReplyDelete