Total Views

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Muchos Grande

This is hard.

I dont have the words to say that can describe the emotions that this trip evokes in me. Its so contradicting. Its rewarding and shocking. Its illuminating and disheartening. Its hopeful yet desperate. It can be beautiful but also decrepit. Its confusing.

I fear portraying these countries and people in the wrong light. It is true that a vast majority of the places we have seen have enormous poor populations, however this does not diminish the fact that they are equally entitled to life and hope as I am. They're differences show the diversity and creativity that is so alive in the world. Life, no, creation is so incredibly stunning and our differences only add more beauty to the ingeniousness of God.

Seeing life as this dynamic and changing thing, startles me, because way too often at home i live in the realms of my comfort zone and dare not venture out. Its a challenge to see that risks may be worthwhile in the end, but possibly I need to be just a little, actually quite a lot more open to the people around me. Too often we pass up opportunities in our lives, because our fickle daily routine is much too valuable to be disturbed. I fear getting lost in the monotony of life.

The people in these countries are teaching me, not directly, but indirectly that maybe its time to look past myself and see the world as way, way, way bigger than me. haha unfortunately its way too easy to see everything in the light of whats easy.

Anyways, this trip and all we've seen thus far is enlightening. As you can see though its hard for me to describe the specifics of what we do day to day so ill leave that mainly up to the others, instead ill write reflections mostly in my blog.

We're in Managua as of now and plan to spend check out a few opportunities around here soon. Im also trying my best to begin to like the wretched thing that is coffee. Goodness i hope i dont achieve it, we all know how nasty it is.

On another note, Jordan is trying his best to convince me to let him make my beard "fresh" I think ill stick with roughness, however i fear he will get me one night and ill wake up with lightning blots on my cheeks haha. 

Interesting note. So far ive met people from France, South Korea, England, Germany, Australia, Guatemala, El Salvador, Honduras, and now Nicaragua. i cant wait to add to the list!


7 comments:

  1. Dude get on that coffee! It's the bomb.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ummm i'd have to agree with bobby. it really can be an energy booster! also, i really like how you're willing to get out of your comfort zone. it's very humbling. beware: jordan will get you if he's determined. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want pictures of said lightning bolts, i hope Jordan does it...! I miss you and I love reading your blog, praying for you daily.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cory, you're so deep. That was well put. I miss you mister, and i hope you continue to keep realizing new things.

    I had coffee today, and i thought of you because i know you hate it. haha.

    i love you alottle cory johnathan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you are Facebook Friending all these international friends just in case we want to do a MUD TRIP WORLD TOUR?! Sounds EPIC. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cory, How come in the pictures you are ALWAYS posing behind the FEmales?

    ReplyDelete
  7. dont fall into the coffee craze!!! resist!! haha but cory, this is so awesome! your blogs are so great, and really causing me to think about many different things. keep it up! i miss our somewhat deep conversations lol i miss you cory john!!

    ReplyDelete